Welcome to Digital History Forums I found something cool! (2018-19) Google Duplex A.I. and oral history

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Klidis
    Participant

Google Duplex Voice

I found a video on the recent google duplex announcement. This got me thinking about the future of literature. OCR can be used to generate a readable text from pdfs and images which makes it simple to get a readable and editable text. Up until now all auditory readers have been very synthetic in the way they read things. This app can easily recognize human speech and can speak perfectly from synthase sounds, not pre-recorded words stitched together. I thought back to my Roman history classes where everything was largely oral. Romans would have their slaves read and write for them a lot of the time. Will students in the future listen to their textbooks and recite their essays? Will we be moving backwards in time through an evolution in technology?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Klidis.
    Klidis
    Participant

It was a youtube video. It didn’t talk about the uses in history but it got be thinking. Please don’t open it up in class because it is a video.
    Google Duplex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.